Terms of Service

Custom Applications

Please note we have custom applications for applicants to the University of Dallas,  City University of New York (CUNY). Those institutions may have unique requirements that differ from Transcript Research's standard requirements stated elsewhere. Be sure to carefully read the application contract to ensure you are able to meet the requirements and know what to expect before applying. 

Official Documents/Copies 

Transcript Research will not finalize an evaluation on the basis of photocopies, scans, or notarized documents unless they can be verified directly by the issuing institution, examination board, ministry of education, or other relevant agency. Notarized documents are not official; we also do not accept the Apostille as official. Please see our country-specific requirements at http://transcriptresearch.com/requirements/ 

Please note that we are unable to make exceptions to this requirement on the basis of immigration or citizenship status or for asylees or refugees. 

Transcript Research is not responsible for requesting transcripts/academic credentials for evaluation. It is the applicant's responsibility to make arrangements to have them sent to us, according to our country-specific requirements.

Please note that we do not accept third-party reporting of subjects, grades, or credits from one institution to another. That means that if you have transferred from one institution to another, you must submit official transcripts from all institutions if you want them included in your evaluation report. We cannot accept a different institution's list of your coursework from another school as official. 

Official documents sent to us by the applicant will be returned with the completed evaluation. Documents sent to us directly by the issuing institution become our property and will not be returned or released to the student/applicant. Please note that if you (or your institution) fail to list our complete, accurate address on your package, it is not our responsibility if we do not receive the package. Our correct address is: 

Transcript Research, 9540 Garland Road Suite 381, Box 383, Dallas, TX 75218

All parts of our address are required in order for your package to be delivered to us. 

Transcript Research does not evaluate transcripts/degrees from US institutions, but if you have studied at higher education institutions in the US, you can include photocopies/scans of those records, and we will include general information about those studies in the evaluation.


We reserve the right to verify all documents. Some evaluations cannot be completed without verification, such as academic records from China, secondary results from Nigeria, Gambia, Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone, and others. Please see our country-specific requirements at http://transcriptresearch.com/requirements/ 

All applications are subject to verification, and documents from many countries are verified automatically. Transcript Research attempts to verify all documents submitted for evaluation. If our verification finds that the documents submitted were not valid, we will cancel the application (no refund) and notify the institutions listed on the application. We will also provide this information to the relevant authorities, and we will keep the documents submitted for evaluation. 


Academic documents issued in a language other than English must be accompanied by an English translation, done either by the educational institution or a government-approved translator, or, if translated in the U.S., by a member of the American Translator's Association. For country-specifics regarding translations, please see www.transcriptresearch.com/requirements 

Applications We Cannot Accept

There are some evaluation types we are presently unable to evaluate. If you send the following types of educational records, they will be returned to you, and you will be charged for return shipping. 

* We no longer conduct evaluations for the followings types of programs: nursing, law, medical technology, or physical therapy. 

* We no longer conduct evaluations specifically for teacher certification boards or accounting boards. Many boards will still accept our course-by-course evaluations. 

* We no longer conduct course-by-course evaluations with credits of religious education, vocational/technical studies, art or music academies, or language immersion programs unless conducted at a university or other educational institution recognized by the Ministry of Education or equivalent government educational authority. Typically, these studies are only available for general equivalency evaluations.

* We no longer evaluate credentials from Haiti except for secondary school records. 

Evaluation Reports

For anyone who has earned at least two years of university-level study, the course-by-course list of subjects and grades will not include secondary/high school education unless specifically requested. For those course-by-course evaluations that do include secondary/high school studies, we begin with grade nine.

Your evaluation report will include all official credentials that have been provided for evaluation on a single report. Sometimes, however, people may find that they need different reports for different needs. For example, they may need a general equivalency evaluation for their secondary/high school studies for employment but a detailed, course-by-course evaluation of their university-level education. In other situations, people may want to separate their Bachelor and Master studies. If you need separate evaluation reports for different levels of study, you will need to submit two applications. Please contact us at info@transcriptresearch.com before applying so we can assist you with the process to ensure it goes smoothly. By default, all official documents at all levels of study (secondary/high school, undergraduate, and post-graduate studies) will be included on a single evaluation report to provide a complete view of your educational background. 

Secondary Leaving Examinations

If you are currently enrolled in secondary/high school education in an educational system that leads to a national/state-wide leaving examination, please contact us before applying so that we may determine if your records can be evaluated at this time. From many such systems, we are unable to complete the evaluation until the leaving examination has been taken and results have been awarded.  

Grading Scale/Marking Schemes and Degree Plan/Study Plan/Program Syllabus

Please provide a copy of the grading scale/marking scheme used if it is not posted on your transcripts/academic records.  If you did not graduate from the program, or your program is more than 20 years old, please provide a copy of the degree plan/study plan/program syllabus, or expect delays. 

Incomplete Applications

Your application cannot be evaluated until all fees are paid and all documents and acceptable English translations are received. Standard evaluation processing time takes 3-4 weeks from the time we receive all fees, documentation, and necessary information. Please note that older academic credentials (more than 20 years old) may require additional research time, and we strongly encourage you to provide a copy of the degree plan, course outline, or other information about the curriculum, or expect additional delays. We can begin the process on the basis of a fax or scan of your academic records, but we cannot finalize and mail the completed evaluation until we receive your official academic credentials. 

3-year Degrees 

Transcript Research typically does not accept 3-year Bachelor degrees as comparable to a US Bachelor degree except for those countries where we award advanced standing (transfer credit) for the post-secondary, pre-university (grade 13) credentials such as the United Kingdom. 

Cancellations and Fees

Applications can be canceled with 5 business days for a 50% refund. Otherwise, refunds will not be issued except in cases of over-payment. We will not issue a refund if you are unable to meet the requirements of the application, so it is imperative that you read and understand the country-specific requirements before you submit your application. In particular, you must submit official documents before your evaluation will be issued. A refund will not be issued if you fail to provide official documents.

Transcript Research in unable to guarantee that a particular school, higher education institution, employer, or other organization will accept our evaluations since admissions and hiring are at the discretion of each individual institution. Please ensure that you check with the intended recipient of your evaluation before you apply. We do not maintain a list of the thousands of organizations that accept our evaluations. However, if your institution does not currently accept our evaluations, we can send them some information about Transcript Research. 
Fees are subject to change without notice. Applications are valid for 6 months. After that time, a reinstatement fee is required.

Applications are valid for 6 months. After that time, a reinstatement fee is required. Completed evaluations (and electronic copies of the evaluated credentials) will be kept on file for seven years, and additional official copies can be ordered for a fee. 

If your application fee payment is reported as stolen, we will contact you in case you simply did not recognize the name Transcript Research on your bank or credit card statement. Otherwise, your application will be cancelled, and any documents you sent will become our property. Our policy is to not do business again with someone who uses credit or bank information that is reported as stolen, even if it was an error that they did not resolve. As a result, if you try to apply again, your application will be cancelled in full, as we are unable to complete an evaluation for anyone who has previously used bank or credit card information that was reported as stolen. 


If you send official documents to us, they will be returned to you via United States Postal Service (USPS) when the evaluation is complete if you have paid for priority or express mail shipping. We do not return official documents via stamped envelopes. 

We do not use other courier services/mail processors (FedEx, UPS, etc.). We also will not send documents to you using a self-addressed stamped envelope; the envelope will be returned to you unused. We do not mail anything using stamped mail, and we do not use prepaid envelopes provided by the applicant or a third party. We only mail using our standard shipping process to ensure all documents and evaluation reports are mailed in a standard format that can be tracked and accessed by our staff to ensure consistency and transparency. 

Please note that USPS Express Mail services within the US is generally 1-2 days while USPS Priority Mail within the US is generally 3-4 days. Also note that Express mail service merely expedites the shipping stage after the evaluation has been completed. If you need the evaluation completed faster than our standard turnaround time, then you should choose one of our rush service options. 

International shipping times will vary. Since the USPS does not provide international tracking for Priority Mail packages, Transcript Research only offers Express Mail service for international addresses. Please note that the US Postal Service does not offer Express Mail service to some countries, listed below. In those instances, you will be given the option to choose to upgrade to Global Express Guaranteed (if available), which has tracking, or downgraded to international Priority Mail, which does not have tracking once the package leaves the United States. The US Postal Service does not currently offer Express Mail international to: Afghanistan, Antigua and Barbuda, Ascension, British Virgin Islands, Comoros, Falkland Islands, Gambia, Gibraltar, Greenland, Iran, North Korea, Kosovo, Libya, Montenegro, Montserrat, Pitcairn Island, Reunion, Saint Helena, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Somalia, Suriname, Timor-Leste, Tristan da Cunha, Tuvalu, and Wallis and Futuna Islands. 

Applications who do not include the shipping fee will be placed on hold until the shipping fee has been provided.

If we mail a package that USPS tracking says has been delivered to the address you provided, you will be charged if it needs to be re-sent after two weeks.